Acton Jiashi Feng is a Ph.D. student of sociology at UCLA. His research interests span cultural sociology, sociology of the family, and social stratification. His previous research examined educational assortative mating in contemporary China. For now, he is trying to understand (1) how regional categories shape social relations, (2) the regional variation of culture, and (3) the consequence of educational assortative mating in fertility behavior.
- Acton Jiashi Feng. 2022. “Revisiting Horizontal Stratification in Higher Education: College Prestige Hierarchy and Educational Assortative Mating in China.” Demography, 59(1):349–369.
- Graduate Summer Research Mentorship Award, UCLA, 2022.
- Graduate Dean’s Scholar Award, UCLA, 2021.
- Maroon Scholar Research Award, University of Chicago, 2019.
- Alfred Reschke Social Science Scholarship, UW Madison, 2018.
- Bromley Research Conference Travel Grant, UW Madison, 2018.
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2018.