http://soc.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Bxd_Blk_Sociology_A.png 0 0 Ashelee Yang http://soc.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Bxd_Blk_Sociology_A.png Ashelee Yang2020-12-18 21:48:412022-10-14 02:51:26Ashelee Yang
Fields of Study
International Migration; Ethnography; Interactional Dynamics; Sociology of Religion; Race & Ethnicity; Chinese American Community; East Asia; Medical Sociology.
- Sandra Sulzer, Gracie Jackson and Ashelee Yang (2016), Borderline Personality Disorder and the Biomedical Mismatch. Accepted for publication at Advances in Medical Sociology, Vol. 17.
Awards & Grants
- UCLA Graduate Summer Research Mentorship Program (GSRM), University of California Los Angeles, Summer 2016
- Chancellor’s Award – Howard W. Odum Undergraduate Sociology Most Outstanding Award, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Spring 2015
- Carolina Research Scholar, University of Carolina at Chapel Hill, Spring 2015
- Honor Thesis Research Grants, College of Arts & Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Fall 2014 – Spring 2015
- C.V. Starr Scholarship for Independent Research Abroad, Center of Global Initiatives, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Summer 2014 Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF), Office of Undergraduate Research, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Summer 2014
- Ashelee Yang. Network and Networking in Job Seeking: A Comparative Study of College Seniors in the United States and in China. To be presented at the Celebration of Undergraduate Research (CUR), Chapel Hill, NC, 04/2015
- Ashelee Yang. Negotiating Identity: A Sociological Study of Chinese Adoptees in the United States. Presentation, Southern Sociological Society Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, 03/2015
- Ashelee Yang. Network and Networking in Job Seeking: A Comparative Study of College Seniors in the United States and China. Roundtable Presentation, Eastern Sociological Society Annual Meeting, New York, NY, 02/2015
- Gracie Jackson and Ashelee Yang. Challenges in the Implementation of the DSM-5 Borderline Personality Disorder Diagnostic Criteria. Presentation, Third International Congress on Borderline Personality Disorder and Allied Disorders, Rome, Italy, 10/2014
- Ashelee Yang. Undocumented Chinese Women in Ethnic Business: A Case Study in Phoenix, Arizona. Presentation, North Carolina Sociological Association Annual Meeting, Charlotte, NC, 04/2014
- Gracie Jackson and Ashelee Yang. Implementation of DSM 5: The Case of Borderline Personality Disorder. Presentation, North Carolina Sociological Association Annual Meeting, Charlotte, NC, 04/2014