http://soc.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Bxd_Blk_Sociology_A.png 0 0 webteam http://soc.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Bxd_Blk_Sociology_A.png webteam2022-09-06 02:32:202022-10-26 18:36:46Pablo Geraldo Bastías
Pablo Geraldo Bastías
Fields of Study
Stratification and Inequality, Quantitative and Computational Methods, Career and Technical Education
- Gonzalez, K., Geraldo, P., Estay, M., & Franklin, C. (2019) “Solution-Focused Brief Therapy for Individuals With Alcohol Use Disorders in Chile.” Research in Social Work Practice
- Geraldo, P. (2018) “Secondary Schools’ Vocational Track and the Reproduction of Social Inequality.” National Thesis Award: Thinking the Youth 2015. Santiago, National Youth Institute (in Spanish)
- Maldonado L., & Geraldo P. (2018) “Fixed Effects Regression and Effect Heterogeneity”. In: Giesselmann M., Golsch K., Lohmann H., Schmidt-Catran A. (eds) Lebensbedingungen in Deutschland in der Längsschnittperspektive. Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- Geraldo, P. & Salinas, E. (2015) “Primary and Secondary Effects in the Choice of School Track.” Proceedings of 8th Chilean Sociology Congress. La Serena, Central University at Chile (in Spanish)
- Geraldo, P. (2013) “The Crisis of Chilean Marxist Historiography.” Proceeding of 5th International Congress in Philosophy and Theory of History. Viña del Mar, Adolfo Ibañez University at Chile (in Spanish)
- Geraldo, P. (2012) “Catholic Church Members during Popular Unity Government.” Simon Collier Seminar. Santiago, History Department, Pontifical Catholic University at Chile (in Spanish)
Awards & Grants
- Graduate Scholarship (2018-2021), Chilean Commission of Science and Technology Research, CONICYT.
- Graduate Summer Research Mentorship (2018), UCLA.
- National Thesis Award: Thinking the Youth (2015). First Place in Graduate Category. Ministry of Social Development: National Youth Institute.
- Graduate Scholarship (2013-2014). National Commission for Scientific and Technological Research
- Historical Research Award: Simon Collier Seminar (2011). Honor. History Department, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- Jaime Eyzaguirre Academic Achievement Award (2010). History Department, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
- 2019 Schools as Sorting Machines: The Case of Vocational Tracking in Chile. PAA and RC28
- 2019 A Network Approach to Career and Technical Education in Chile. PAA (Poster)
- 2016 Causal graphs in social research. 9th Chilean Congress of Sociology
- 2015 Impacts of High School Vocational Education. International Congress of Education and Poverty
- 2014 Primary and Secondary Effects in the Choice of School Track. 8th Chilean Congress of Sociology (with Elisa Salinas)
- 2011 Representations of the Conflict in Allende’s Chile. 19th Congress of Chilean History
- 2011 The Crisis of Chilean Marxist Historiography. 5th International Congress of Theory and Philosophy of History: Causality in History.